Monday, April 7, 2014

The Love of the Father and the Son: April Conference 2014


Listening to General Conference this past weekend, I couldn’t help but feel an overwhelming sense of God’s love for me.  He loves me enough to know me personally.  He loves me enough to send me messages through his servants and through the Holy Ghost that are specific to my needs and condition.  Experiencing the individual and personal love that God has for us is one of the truly powerful miracles in this existence.  Even more than the big surprising miracles, these small, tender mercies let us know that we are known and loved.





The messages that were delivered provided desperately needed encouragement and strength that pertain to my current challenges and struggles.  Calls to actions, in many cases, applied directly to my weaknesses and things that I should do better.  The teachings and counsel offered also help me know how to better serve in my current church calling and how I can serve more effectively and with greater love.  I am so appreciative of the warnings of current and pending dangers that were given.



My plan for the next couple of weeks is to review the talks and my notes from conference and set some specific goals to help me do better. 



Going through this mortal experience it is so easy to get wrapped up in our daily struggles.  It is easy to forget why we are here and that we are not alone.  General Conference, the words of inspired leaders, is proof that we are loved, that we are not alone.



Here are a few gems that many have shared already:



“There are no endings, only everlasting beginnings.” – President Dieter F. Uchtdorf



“Your secret yearnings and tearful pleadings will touch the heart of both the Father and the Son.”  - President Boyd K. Packer



“Who we are is not who we can become.”  Elder Donald Hallstrom



“Perhaps you will forget tomorrow the kind words you say today,  but the recipient will remember them for a lifetime.”  - President Thomas S. Monson



“I would never have asked for this trial, but I would never give it away.”  - Sister Jean A. Stevens



“Faith requires work.”  - Elder Marcos A. Aidukaitis

No comments:

Post a Comment